Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 17:42 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> The chairs feel strongly that we should have more than one editor. I
> personally think Ian can do a fine job by himself, but I don't want
> debate on this point to hold up work. Given this, I nominate Dave
> Hyatt to be co-editor with Ian.
>
> I think Dave is well-qualified to be co-editor:
>
> - Has done architecture-level work on the internals of two browser
> engines, WebKit and Gecko
> - Has worked on multiple browsers based on these engines: Safari,
> Mozilla, Firefox and Camino
> - Long experience with the W3C standards process, particularly in the
> CSS Working Group
> - Track record of collaborating well with Ian
> - Track record of working well with others in general and mediating
> disputes in standards groups.
>
> Even though Dave's schedule is busy, he has said he's willing to do
> it, and Ian told me he is happy to work with Dave.

This is excellent news.

I'm interested to learn more, in due course, about Dave's availability.
In particular, I'm interested to know if he's available to
join the WG teleconference this Thursday.
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/tel26Apr/

> I would appreciate prompt feedback from the chairs and anyone else
> interested in the editorship.

This largely addresses the near-term concerns of the chairs.

Dave's perspective is sufficiently different from Ian's:
they're relevant, since success in the editor role involves
trust and perceptions of others in the WG/community as well
as competence and experience of the editors. So I'll keep
those concerns in mind as we're moving forward.

We remain open to more offers of help, should they arise over
the course of this Working Group.

> Regards,
> Maciej

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E