Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:42:25 -0700
To: W3C HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Hi Everyone,

The chairs feel strongly that we should have more than one editor. I
personally think Ian can do a fine job by himself, but I don't want
debate on this point to hold up work. Given this, I nominate Dave
Hyatt to be co-editor with Ian.

I think Dave is well-qualified to be co-editor:

- Has done architecture-level work on the internals of two browser
engines, WebKit and Gecko
- Has worked on multiple browsers based on these engines: Safari,
Mozilla, Firefox and Camino
- Long experience with the W3C standards process, particularly in the
CSS Working Group
- Track record of collaborating well with Ian
- Track record of working well with others in general and mediating
disputes in standards groups.

Even though Dave's schedule is busy, he has said he's willing to do
it, and Ian told me he is happy to work with Dave.

I would appreciate prompt feedback from the chairs and anyone else
interested in the editorship.

Regards,
Maciej