Re: HTML5 proposal response

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Olivier GENDRIN wrote:
> On 4/20/07, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> >
> > If I am to be editor, I will take input from many sources -- I won't
> > only take input from this working group, ignoring blogs, forums, bug
> > databases, etc -- as I have previously indicated. I don't see how this
> > would not mean that we don't "own" the specification. I wouldn't want
> > to be an editor if the operating model is that the editor merely waits
> > for formal decisions before making any changes -- such a development
> > model would change our timeline from 15-years-to-REC to something more
> > on the order of 50-years-to-REC, and would be far to stressful an
> > environment for me.
>
> What about indicating to the WG the existence of theses sources and let
> him react?

As editor for the WHATWG spec, I always send feedback to all e-mail on the
relevant WHATWG threads, and do indeed mention out-of-band feedback.

If I am to be editor for the HTML WG as well, I would expect to either
cross-post those e-mails to this list, and/or have volunteers on this list
to coordinate the feedback whose responsibility it would be to keep track
of the reasoning behind changes.