Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5 (progress on recruiting editors)

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:06:21 +0200
To: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Cc: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On 19/04/2007 23:19, Chris Wilson wrote:

 > Håkon, was there some actual proof in there, or just invective?
 > Were you on the purported phone call?  Were you actually claiming
 > that Jean Paoli had little to do with XML's development?  Can you
 > ever come to the table with Microsoft without claiming some kind of
 > conspiracy or evildoing on our part?  Please?

(begin of parenthesis)

Just for the historical record, Jean Paoli was working on SGML,
simplification of SGML, DSSSL, compound documents at a time almost none
of you had any idea about the words "markup" or "stylesheet". I was
there, working with him, in his team at Grif SA and before at Gipsi SA.

(end of parenthesis)

I just would like to make one important comment : *whatever* the
technical contribution from Microsoft to the XML spec, their name
on that spec was needed. The world needed a clear signal from the
community that this was not yet another spec partially implemented
by some people, left aside by others, and abused by a few.
So I just don't care about their contribution level, the spec got what
it needed to become a success, and Håkon found yet another bork-borking
subject for a CNet article. What's in a name...

</Daniel>