RE: Proposal to Adopt HTML5 (progress on recruiting editors)

Oh for @#$@'s sake.

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>In the past, Microsoft has pressured W3C in private to add its own
>people to the list of editors [1]. The arguments were non-technical;
>Microsoft didn't contribute much technically but wanted to be seen as
>leading the web.
>
>Is history repeating itself? I hope not. A good way to avoid being out
>under pressure is to require that all proposals and objections are
>sent to this list.
>
>[1] http://news.com.com/Microsofts+standards+choice/2010-1013_3-6161285.html

Håkon, was there some actual proof in there, or just invective?  Were you on the purported phone call?  Were you actually claiming that Jean Paoli had little to do with XML's development?  Can you ever come to the table with Microsoft without claiming some kind of conspiracy or evildoing on our part?  Please?

As for proposals and objections - I will detail my (Microsoft as well as co-chair) response to the three-point proposal put forth ten days ago.  I've been interested to see other responses, before my response gets actual discussion inevitably buried under a slew of objection to anything my viewpoint might represent (can you tell I'm done with the versioning thread, where few people seem to have tried to absorb the principles behind what I've said, rather than complain about syntactic issues?).  (Alfonso, you are a definite objection, as your last couple of mails perfectly capture what I've been trying to say.)

-Chris