Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 03:00:55 -0700
Cc: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>, W3C HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Brad Fults <bfults@neatbox.com>

On Apr 22, 2007, at 12:50 AM, Brad Fults wrote:

>> > I wish I had someone to nominate, but I'm afraid I don't.  I'm
>> > curious how palatable to the other browser vendors an editor from
>> > Microsoft would be?  Not very, I suspect...
>>
>> Since one of the co-chairs is a Microsoft employee, I don't think
>> they particularly need any more representation or influence.
>
> I really don't agree with the anti-Microsoft sentiment here or on any
> other topic discussed in this WG. I would have no problem having one
> of the editors be from Microsoft, assuming that Microsoft has joined
> this group in good faith and that our editors will perform as Karl
> Dubost described [1].

To be clear, I don't think it would be a good idea to have a co-chair
and a co-editor representing the same company regardless what that
company is. Also, I believe this suggestion was made with a thought
to better represent the Microsoft point of view, and I think it is
well-enough represented.

Regards,
Maciej