Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5 (progress on recruiting editors)

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 16:07 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:
>

> > In preparation for a formal decision on this proposal,
> > this is what I'm thinking so far, after a bit of
> > discussion with our co-chair, Chris Wilson...
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> >> - that Ian Hickson is named as editor for the W3C's HTML 5
> >> specification, to preserve continuity with the existing WHATWG effort
> >
> > Chris and I are delighted to have Ian Hickson as one of the editors,
> > but not satisfied with having him as the only editor.
>
> To be more clear about your preference -- do you have specific
> requirements in mind for an additional editor, or will any other
> reasonably competent person not employed by the same company as Ian
> be sufficient?

I'm happy to consider any reasonably competent person.

> > We're continuing to recruit co-editors.
>
> I'd love to hear a report from the chairs to the Working Group on
> their editor recruiting efforts so far.

OK, I'll think about how to summarize sometime in the next week
or so.

>  Who has been asked? Have any
> of them expressed willingness or unwillingness to serve? I think the
> Working Group deserves to know, and it is inappropriate for the
> chairs to keep secrets from the group for an extended period.

With respect, I disagree. Information about who has been
asked and how they responded and why is not in the technical
scope of the WG, and public discussion of it doesn't seem
likely to be useful.

Just by way of example, medical reasons factor heavily
into one of the discussions.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E