Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

On Apr 18, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> In preparation for a formal decision on this proposal,
> this is what I'm thinking so far, after a bit of
> discussion with our co-chair, Chris Wilson...

Thanks for your comments.

>> - that Ian Hickson is named as editor for the W3C's HTML 5
>> specification, to preserve continuity with the existing WHATWG effort
>
> Chris and I are delighted to have Ian Hickson as one of the editors,
> but not satisfied with having him as the only editor.

To be more clear about your preference -- do you have specific
requirements in mind for an additional editor, or will any other
reasonably competent person not employed by the same company as Ian
be sufficient?

> We're continuing to recruit co-editors.

I'd love to hear a report from the chairs to the Working Group on
their editor recruiting efforts so far. Who has been asked? Have any
of them expressed willingness or unwillingness to serve? I think the
Working Group deserves to know, and it is inappropriate for the
chairs to keep secrets from the group for an extended period.

Regards,
Maciej