RE: Formal definition of HTML5 (was Re: Version information)

From: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:34:53 -0700
To: T.V Raman <raman@google.com>, "ian@hixie.ch" <ian@hixie.ch>

T.V Raman [mailto:raman@google.com] wrote:
>If we're talking about HTML producing pixel perfect rendering,
>then I suggest it's time to press the reset button -- that was
>never HTML's goal, and nor should it ever become its goal.

I agree, but then I don't think it's rational to put a graphics API in the middle of the HTML spec.  (And actually, I'm kinda on the fence - other than OS-native controls, I'm not sure if rendering isn't de facto part of the spec anyway.  It's not like we could decide that <div> should have a default margin of 2ems or anything.  :)