Re: Formal definition of HTML5 (was Re: Version information)

On 15. apr. 2007, at 09.03, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2007, at 01:31, Henrik Dvergsdal wrote:
>
>> Does this mean that the full set of machine-checkable criteria in
>> XHTML5 could be specified by means of a RELAX NG schema with
>> references to your datatype library?
>
> No, it does not. E.g. table integrity checking can't be implemented
> just be checking datatypes.

I've read about your table integrity tool which looks like a very
interesting piece of work. This looks like a very useful tool for
authors.

Do you think the full set of machine-checkable criteria in  XHTML5
could be specified by means of a RELAX NG schema with references to a
datatype library and a set of formal rules, specifying, for instance,
table integrity requirements?

--
Henrik