Re: Level of specification detail (Was Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5)

Le 12 avr. 2007 à 07:00, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> The spec itself should mainly try to address implementors of user
> agents (including browsers, search engines, data mining tools,
> etc), conformance checkers and authoring tools, since these
> audiences need a significant amount of precision.
>
> A simpler guide for authors might be a useful addendum, and of
> course we definitely want exhaustive test cases.

With a bit of scripting, (and/or wikification), there might be a
possibility for having something ala PHP documentation.  One of the
cool things of PHP documentation is the breakdown of each feature
with contributions from people. So not in the official specification
but an annotated version of the new specification. Something similar
had been done in the past with the [annotated XML Specification][1]
by Tim Bray.

[1]: http://www.xml.com/axml/testaxml.htm

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***