Re: tasks to supplement HTML specification development

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:35:11 -0700
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Apr 11, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Dan Connolly wrote:

>     *
>
>       test cases, test results
>
>             test case development guidelines
>
>             automated test results
>
>             manual test results, by browser

If we take the WHATWG specs as a starting point, then development of
automated tests for the more stable areas of the spec could begin
right away. For example, tests of the <a> element are highly unlikely
to be invalidated by further changes to the spec. <canvas> is
probably also ready for the test suite treatment. In the case of
<canvas>, I think Opera, Mozilla and Apple all have a bunch of test
cases that could possibly be donated, although they would have to be
reviewed to check if what they test actually matches the spec.

So we may need to appoint one or more experts to act as test suite
editors, to review proposed new test cases.

Personally I'd love to contribute test cases, especially for APIs,
but I don't think I would have the time to be a test suite editor.

Regards,
Maciej