Re: tasks to supplement HTML specification development

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 04:51:12 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:35:11 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

> If we take the WHATWG specs as a starting point, then development of
> automated tests for the more stable areas of the spec could begin right
> away. For example, tests of the <a> element are highly unlikely to be
> invalidated by further changes to the spec. <canvas> is probably also
> ready for the test suite treatment. In the case of <canvas>, I think
> Opera, Mozilla and Apple all have a bunch of test cases that could
> possibly be donated, although they would have to be reviewed to check if
> what they test actually matches the spec.
>
> So we may need to appoint one or more experts to act as test suite
> editors, to review proposed new test cases.

I will be working on a test suite for HTML5 for Opera this summer (week
25..31), probably focussing on already implemented features that currently
lack tests. Since I will be writing many test cases I will have to
organize them somehow and so I could well help with organization of other
tests too.

--
Simon Pieters