Re: Alternate HTML 5 adoption proposal? (Was Re: Level of specification detail)

On Apr 11, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2007, at 22:34, Matthew Ratzloff wrote:
>
>> I think we can all agree that increased implementation specificity is
>> desirable.  On the other hand, I (and it seems some others) worry
>> that it
>> will be far more difficult to remove certain aspects once they're
>> "in the
>> spec" than it will be to adopt them one or two at a time.
>
> Do you have specific parts of the spec that you'd like to reject?
> Why would you like to reject them?
>
> I am opposed to certain details of the Web Apps 1.0 draft myself,
> but I trust that Hixie will properly consider my feedback--and
> yours also.

I share Henri's sentiments, and I think his point bears repeating. I
don't 100% agree with everything currently in the draft, but I think
it is the best choice of starting point and I trust that it will
evolve in the right direction.

Regards,
Maciej