Re: Alternate HTML 5 adoption proposal? (Was Re: Level of specification detail)

On Apr 11, 2007, at 22:34, Matthew Ratzloff wrote:

> and discuss and adopt (or reject) the
> individual parts of #2 in a piecemeal fashion.

I think splitting up the spec and (mostly) reassembling it isn't a
productive way of working, so I am opposed to your proposal. (And I
support adopting WHATWG's HTML5 wholesale as a *starting point*.)

> I think we can all agree that increased implementation specificity is
> desirable.  On the other hand, I (and it seems some others) worry
> that it
> will be far more difficult to remove certain aspects once they're
> "in the
> spec" than it will be to adopt them one or two at a time.

Do you have specific parts of the spec that you'd like to reject? Why
would you like to reject them?

I am opposed to certain details of the Web Apps 1.0 draft myself, but
I trust that Hixie will properly consider my feedback--and yours also.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi