Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

On Apr 10, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> That's not the point, Henri.  The point is to have a guide to the
> Web Apps 1.0 specifications, as the 696 pages are a bit much to
> internalize all at once; it is useful to have a delta guide to
> understand what is different between HTML 4.01 and the WHATWG's
> HTML5.  This is the spec we are to publish.
>
> As Maciej said:
>> There is a summary of changes from HTML4 here: http://
>> wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Changes_from_HTML4

I think having a change list is good. There's a limit to how much
detail is useful. The way HTML4 is written, it's often hard to tell
what the conformance requirements are, so documenting every clearly
stated conformance requirement that used to be an informative
statement, undefined or unstated would probably be too much detail.

I'm hoping volunteers other than the spec editor can continue to
improve and miantain the description of changes.

Regards,
Maciej