Re: argument for deprecating BLOCKQUOTE in canonical HTML/XHTML

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@ulsberg.no>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 23:27:48 +0200
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Robert Brodrecht" <w3c@robertdot.org>
Cc: dao@design-noir.de, public-html@w3.org

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:56:07 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> <ins> and <del> would be precedents.

Yes.

> They're a pain to style though in the non "inline" case.

Hm, true. That might be such a huge pain that the cause is not worth
fighting for. We don't have a :block pseudo class and nor would it make
much sense to introduce it without an element such as the <quote> I have
described, so I am dropping this discussion for now and declaring defeat.
:)

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no