From: Håkon Wium Lie [mailto:howcome@opera.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 1:58 PM
To: Chris Wilson
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Subject: RE: Mandated Video Format

Chris Wilson wrote:

 > Is it really the case that anyone DOESN'T have an MPG decoder on
 > their system?

I assume you mean H.264 when you say MPG?

In the last 24 hours, I have surfed the web on four different devices:

 - IBM Thinkpad laptop running Ubuntu
 - Sony Ericsson K300i mobile phone
 - Nintento Wii games console
 - OLPC XO laptop

Opera runs on all of them (Opera Mini on K300i). However, none of them
can play back H.264 natively. The SE K300i has a video player that
accepts .3GP files, but only with H.263 video content, AFAIK.

-h&kon