Re: ensuring the existence & enhancing the power of Q

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:12:33 -0500
To: public-html@w3.org

Elliott Sprehn wrote, quote:
> Instead I propose adding a "for" attribute to the <q>
> element in the  same manner as the <label> element now such
> that the <q> element  "for" attribute would point to a local
> citation in the current  document using the id as the
> reference target.

thank you elliot, for your input - i've been thinking along
similar lines; adding a for/id association is part of my
second proposal vis a vis the Q element, which will follow

we should explore all elements which can point to a local
resource which can be reused using the for/id binding, as
it makes it easier to implement contextual slash descriptive
slash explanatory slash expansions, both by page authors and
to automate, using an authoring tool.

DELIBERATION, n.  The act of examining one's bread to determine
which side it is buttered on.
                    -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
             Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
         Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/