RE: FO 1.1 WD: missing pieces (?)

Julian,

Thank you for your interest in XSL FO.

The XSL FO SubGroup discussed your email requesting an
enhancement about PDF links and document info.

Support of named destinations really requires no change
to the XSL spec; it's more a question of how a given XSL FO
implementation works, so the SG decided not to add anything
to the XSL 1.1 spec for this.

We noticed that we could potentially write a Note on how
this might work in implementations that generate PDF, but
since this wouldn't impact the XSL 1.1 spec itself, and due
to lack of resources, we didn't get anyone to commit to do this.

We discussed document info but SG members felt this is really
metadata, and we didn't want to use XSL FO's to represent this.
Something more like Dublin Core may be more suitable.

SG members agreed both capabilities were useful, but we decided
neither of them should result in changes to the XSL spec itself.

Paul Grosso
for the W3C XSL FO SG