Re: Simple assert on descendant nodes does not throw error

> On 12 Sep 2016, at 10:41, Christophe Marchand <cmarchand@oxiane.com> wrote:
>
> You are right, George, attribute value was always true.
>
> I've changed attribute definition by a xs:boolean restriction with a pattern 'true', and that works perfectly.
>

> Mikael, according to George response, this shouldn't work in Saxon, no ?

Not sure how to answer a question with a double negative...

George spotted something I failed to spot in your schema. I encountered a different problem, which is that it fails in a way that is hard to explain if you don't enable xsd-version="1.1".

It always helps, when you say that something doesn't work, if you tell us how it fails. That way we won't make the mistake, when we hit a problem, of assuming that it's the same as the problem you encountered.

If you make the change that George suggests then it will work in Saxon.

Michael Kay
Saxonica