Re: [ Possible Spam ] RE: [Fwd: Extending RSS 2.0]

Thanks for your input Michael.

On 7.10.2005 10:43, Michael Kay wrote:

> I don't know if it was your comment or someone else asking the same
> question,

Wasn't me, but I am sure somebody had the same problem.

> but the advice given was to write a schema that defines the rules for
> your own elements and import the RSS schema into your own.

I am not sure how to do that. The root element would then come from
imported schema?

> Since the wildcard specifies lax validation, it will validate your
> elements against their declarations. However, it will not prevent the
> appearance of elements for which there is no declaration, and it will
> not constrain the order of these elements.

Yes, that is unacceptable for me.

> If you want something stricter than this, you could define your own
> element job:item and put it in the substitution group of the RSS item,

What does that mean: ...in the substitution group of... ?

> with a content model that's defined as an extension of the original.
> The instance would then, of course, have to specify job:item rather
> than item.

If feed would contain job:item instead of just item, than the benefit of
all (?) RSS feed readers out there able to read this feed (the regular
part of it at least) would be lost.

Regards,
Borut Bolčina

P.S. I guess I did not read the rules of this mailing list. Where are
all the posts? I am not getting any, except answers on my mail questions?