Re: SV: SV: SV: strict validation of any ##other namespace

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 10:01 +0200, Bryan Rasmussen wrote:

> Hi
>
> >> The question then is what LibXML2's response is if the instance document
> >> does not have a namespace matching the schema targetNamespace. One could
> >> create a schema, programmatically, with a targetNamespace not in the
> >> instance document and import the other namespaces in.
>
> >I assume you are referring to your example here, where we have a strict
> >element-wildcard, which hits an element information item in a namespace
> >not currently imported.
>

> No, I was thinking that there would be a schema
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <schema
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>  elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
> <import namespace="http://test.com" schemaLocation="schema1.xsd"/>
> <import namespace="http://test.org" schemaLocation="schema2.xsd"/>
>
> </schema>
>
> and there would not be anything in the empty namespace.
>
> Would libxml2 support this? I've found that .Net and XSV support it, but
> msxml does not, and as I understand it XMLSPY won't either.

Yes, this will work with Libxml2. That's the combining schema, which
imports all other needed schemata, I mentioned earlier.
But just to be sure we talk about the same: if you want to validate
with Libxml2 you need to precompile this schema first and then start
validation; this schema has to be a schema document, or a node-tree,
and then it will be compiled into schema components, since Libxml2 has
currently no API to create schema components programatically.

Regards,

Kasimier