RE: extending validation

In meta-meta land, code value validation is done by run-time references to
federated ebXML registry-repositories containing XSDs with all permissable
enumerations so the application can pretty much just go for coffee, but
until then check out this XSLT script which seems tailor-made for your
example and even includes error handling:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tiplook.html

Jeni Tennison's book "Beginning XSLT" is a great cookbook for all aspects of
referencing external data from XSLT and of course Mike wrote the bible on
such matters.

Cheers Jack

>From: "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com>
>To: <tgrzej10@gazeta.pl>,<xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
>Subject: RE: extending validation
>Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:04:51 -0000
>

>You could try generating a schema with the required values, but I'm not
>sure
>why you would want to. There is always going to be some application-level
>logic (including error checking) that you can't put in the schema. Why not
>put the data through a stylesheet after putting it through the schema?
>
>Michael Kay
>http://www.saxonica.com/

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.