RE: XSV results discrepancy (web vs installation)

Thanks for updating the web-form.

Unfortunately, I seem to have discovered a new problem with both the
web-form and the Win32 installation.  The current XSV 2.8-1 does not accept
http://www.ruleml.org/0.87/exa/bindatalog.ruleml as valid, where the XML
Schema (http://www.ruleml.org/0.87/xsd/bindatalog.xsd) uses xs:redefine to
limit the occurrence range of a group from 1-to-many (i.e. minOccurs="1",
maxOccurs="unbounded") to exactly 2 (i.e. min/maxOccurs="2").

I think the spec is pretty clear that this is a valid restriction. Also, as
documented at http://www.ruleml.org/0.87/#Validation (from last summer), XSV
2.7-1 had no such complaints.  The newest Saxon-SA 8.3 also accepts
everything as valid.

Thanks for looking into this,

David

***

Schema representation errors

Detected during instance validation

http://www.ruleml.org/0.87/xsd/modules/atom_module.xsd:91:6: Invalid:
    Content model of {http://www.ruleml.org/0.87/xsd}:Atom.extend not
actually a restriction of base group [original
{http://www.ruleml.org/0.87/xsd}:Atom.extend]: a $ element at node 1 of this
model can't be matched by any edge leaving node 1 of the base

http://www.ruleml.org/0.87/xsd/bindatalog.xsd:26:4: Invalid: redefined group
not a restriction of its original definition