Re: More about pointless things

"Alessandro Triglia" <sandro@mclink.it> writes:

<snip/>

> This doesn't make any sense to me.  I know of other similar cases
> where the "pointlessness" rules have weird effects.  Is there a plan
> to change the handling of pointlessness in version 1.1?

Yes.  The "pointlessness" rules were an attempt to overcome some
obvious problems with the constructive definition of legal
restriction.  That attempt itself evidently has a number of problems.
The Schema WG hopes to replace this with a much simpler extensional
approach in 1.1.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team