Re: Invalid per cvc-complex-type.1.3: undeclared attribute {None}:use

I would suggest first changing your XMLSchema, to make sure not all 'your'
elements are in the XMLSchema namespace, like below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

 <xs:element name="A">
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:all>
    <xs:element ref="B"/>
   </xs:all>
   <xs:attribute ref="TestAtt"/>
  </xs:complexType>
 </xs:element>
 <xs:element name="B">
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:attribute ref="TestAtt"/>
  </xs:complexType>
 </xs:element>
 <xs:attribute name="TestAtt" use="required">
  <xs:simpleType>
   <xs:restriction base="positiveInteger">
    <xs:enumeration value="1"/>
    <xs:enumeration value="2"/>
   </xs:restriction>
  </xs:simpleType>
 </xs:attribute>
</xs:schema>

Validating the above schema with the Exchanger XML Editor (using Xerces
2.5.0) gives the following errors:

ERROR on line 17, column 46
s4s-att-not-allowed: Attribute 'use' cannot appear in element 'attribute'.

ERROR on line 19, column 43
src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'positiveInteger' to a(n) 'type
definition' component.

ERROR on line 19, column 43
cos-applicable-facets: Facet 'enumeration' is not allowed by type null.

Hope this was helpful?

Regards,
Edwin Dankert
Cladonia Ltd.
http://www.cladonia.com/

"Svend Bent Nielsen" wrote in message

Hello all,

Using http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv for checking my schemas, I get
the following error "Invalid per cvc-complex-type.1.3: undeclared attribute
{None}:use" with a link to the (I think) relevant part of the documentation.

Problem is that I don't understand it at all - I have absolutely no idea
whatsoever as to what it means.

I give an example (which gives one error) below.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

If it is solvable, I will be happy for the right syntax too.

Sincerely,
Svend Bent Nielsen

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<element name="A">
<complexType>
<all>
<element ref="B"/>
</all>
<attribute ref="TestAtt"/>
</complexType>
</element>
<element name="B">
<complexType>
<attribute ref="TestAtt"/>
</complexType>
</element>
<attribute name="TestAtt" use="required">
<simpleType>
<restriction base="positiveInteger">
<enumeration value="1"/>
<enumeration value="2"/>