Re: Retrieving namespace as schema?

Jan Egil Kristiansen <janegil@landsbank.fo> writes:

> When trying to validate
> http://heima.olivant.fo/~styrheim/xml/cd-toc/ol.xml with
> http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv?docAddrs=http%3A%2F%2Fheima.olivant.fo%2F%7Estyrheim%2Fxml%2Fcd-toc%2Fol.xml&warnings=on&keepGoing=on&logOK=on&style=xsl,
> I get
> Attempt to load a schema document from http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
> (source: docElt) for http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml, failed:
> Not recognised as W3C XML Schema or RDDL: html
> That seems a bit strange, as
> xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
> is a specification of a namespace, not of a schema location?

You didn't include all the error messages in your email -- XSV also
tried to follow your schemaLocation hint, but that failed.

Since XSV couldn't find a valid schema document for your instance at
http://heima.olivant.fo/~styrheim/xml/cd-toc/ol.xsd, it tries
dereferencing the namespace URIs, but that doesn't work either.  If
you correct your schema document so it specifies the same target
namespace as the namespace of your cd: elements, you should make some
progress.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team