Re: Top-level any

Paul Warren wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 13:46, Robin Berjon wrote:
>>I don't think this is possible, but I might have missed something. Is it
>>possible to have a global <any> in order to produce a schema for a vocabulary
>>that will occur solely embedded within random XML? I'd like to validate subtrees
>>containing my language without knowing anything about the enclosing tree,
>>especially nothing about the root element. It'd be jolly useful.
>
> It is not possible to have a global <any>, but even if it were I don't
> understand what it would achieve.  Whether your language can appear
> within the enclosing tree is determined by the schema for the enclosing
> tree?  There's nothing you can do in your schema to alter where your
> elements are allowed to be included inside other XML.

That's not the point. I want to /not/ have a schema for the enclosing XML. I
just want one for my vocabulary, irrespective of what it's embedded in, and I
want to be able to use that schema whether or not a schema exists for the
enclosing XML.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/