Re: Top-level any

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 13:46, Robin Berjon wrote:
> I don't think this is possible, but I might have missed something. Is it
> possible to have a global <any> in order to produce a schema for a vocabulary
> that will occur solely embedded within random XML? I'd like to validate subtrees
> containing my language without knowing anything about the enclosing tree,
> especially nothing about the root element. It'd be jolly useful.

It is not possible to have a global <any>, but even if it were I don't
understand what it would achieve.  Whether your language can appear
within the enclosing tree is determined by the schema for the enclosing
tree?  There's nothing you can do in your schema to alter where your
elements are allowed to be included inside other XML.

Paul
--
Paul Warren, Client Services           DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192                        http://www.decisionsoft.com