Re: Schema for schemas bugs?

Eddie Robertsson <erobertsson@allette.com.au> writes:

> Since the schema at http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd can't be used
> directly for validation

Why not?  It's a valid schema document (both XSV and SVC, the most
rigourous schema checker I'm aware of) are happy with it.

<snip/>

> complexRestrictionType AND simpleRestrictionType

<snip/>

> Most schema validators give me an error saying that the last derivation
> by restriction is not valid. However, it feels to me that this
> derivation step should be valid

I think so too -- what error messages are you getting?

> groupRef AND attributeGroupRef
> -----------------------------------

<snip/>

> The situation is similar to the previous, some validators give an error
> in the last derivation step saying that groupRef is not a valid
> restriction of realGroup.  Again I think that this restriction is fine.

I agree.

> all
> ---
> All validators I've tried with give me an error on this derivation
> chain.

Including SVC and XSV?

<snip/>

> In this case I agree with the validators since in the "all" complexType
> restriction the group xs:allModel is referenced without being declared
> in the the base type.

But that's irrelevant to the validity of the restriction, which is
based on the components, and at the component level the group
reference is resolved to its referent.