RE: Schema being imported multiple times

Mark,

We can definitely put that on our wishlist for a future version. But as
long as there is no standardized (i.e. W3C-endorsed) way of doing this,
we are rather reluctant to add such a thing as our own XML Spy-specific
extension.

If you take a look at the way compilers (e.g. C and C++) had to handle
the same problem, you will find that various established methods
(#ifndef __MODULENAME__ ...) exist to avoid the performance penalty of
processing such mutiply included documents more than once.

XML Spy internally does pretty much the same thing, but without forcing
the user to specify anything. Whenever we detect a Schema file that is
included or imported more than once, we try to avoid processing it
repeatedly.

Best regards,

Alexander

... Alexander Falk
... President & CEO
... Altova, Inc. - The XML Spy Company

... Member of the W3C Advisory Committee
... Member of the W3C XML Schema Working Group

XML Spy 4.0 Suite: the original award-winning IDE, Document Editor,
XSLT Designer,  Browser Plug-In,  XML Schema Editor, and B2B Server
Visit  www.xmlspy.com  to download your free evaluation copy today!

The information transmitted in this message and/or as an attachment
to it  is intended  only for the  person or  entity to  which it is
addressed and may contain confidential  and/or privileged material.
Any  review,  retransmission,  dissemination  or  other use of,  or
taking of any action in reliance upon,  this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error,  please contact  the sender  and delete the
material from any computer.  Altova GmbH  and  Altova, Inc.  do not
accept legal responsibility  for the contents of this message.  Any
views or opinions  presented are solely  those of the author and do
not  necessarily  represent those of  Altova GmbH and  Altova, Inc.
unless otherwise specifically stated. Thank you!