Re: attribute constraints

Eddie Robertsson wrote:

> There is also the third approach where you can use type substitution and
> explicitly choose the correct datatype with the xsi:type attribute in the
> instance document.

Yes, but this is an intrusive method: you need to modify the syntax of
the instance documents and I don't think the MathML working group will
modify the syntax of MathML which is a recommendation to fit into the
W3C XML Schema mold ;=) ...

The XML Schema WG itself hasn't used it, otherwise they could have used
different complex types for local element definitions and elements
references for instance!

I see this more as a workaround for custom vocabularies than something
used by mainstream specifications...

Eric

--
Rendez-vous à Paris pour une visite guidee de la nebuleuse XML.
                                           http://dyomedea.com/formation/