Re: <include> with XSV (web-version)

"Jeff Rafter" <jeffrafter@definedweb.com> writes:

> Can someone explain where I am going wrong here?  I have two documents
>
> http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/element.xml
> http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/children.xml
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
> <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://xml.definedsys.com/samples"
> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified">
>  <xs:include
> schemaLocation="http://xml.definedsys.com/schema/children.xml"/>
>  <xs:element name="root" type="children"/>
> </xs:schema>

Sorry, same old story -- this schema document _is_ schema-valid per
the SforS.  That's _all_ XSV checks.  You give it a document, it
checks that document for schema-validity.  End of story.

It's an entirely separate question whether documents which happen also
to be schema documents actually describe valid schemas.  To find that
out with XSV, the only thing you can do is try to use them as such,
i.e. to validate some _other_ document with them.

Yes, XSV should have a switch which says something like "Pretend to
use this as a schema", but it doesn't (yet).  Sorry.