[xmlschema-dev] <none>

Hi Ashok,

     Thanks for your response.

     Although the "+" sign is prohibited from the mantissa, there doesn't
appear to be any restriction against "+" in the exponent, which is the case
I was asking about.  Thus, it appears that both 1.5E+1 and 1.5E1 meet the
criteria for the canonical representation, but my guess is that it was not
intended that 1.5E+1 be permitted.

     In addition, the lexical values 1.0E0 and 1.000000000001E0 don't
appear to break the rule against trailing zeros in the mantissa, so I still
believe that they both meet the conditions for the canonical
representation.  That in spite of the fact that they both map to the same
value in the value space.  It will obviously be trickier to state rules
that avoid this issue.

     Sorry if there's anything I've misunderstood.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      XML Parsers development
IBM SWS Toronto Lab   Tie Line 778-6044;  Phone (416) 448-6044
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com

"Ashok Malhotra" <ashokma@microsoft.com>@w3.org on 2001/03/21 11:53:21 PM

Please respond to "Ashok Malhotra" <ashokma@microsoft.com>

Sent by:  w3c-xml-schema-ig-request@w3.org