Re: Definitive validator of instances against schemas

MarkH@i2.co.uk writes:

> Is there a definitive instance validator that uses W3C Rec schemas?

No.

> If not when are we likely to see one

Never.  By which I mean, the W3C has never (as far as I know) produced
anything labelled as a reference implementation of any of its
standards, certainly not any of its XML standards, and there are no
plans to produce one for XML Schema as far as I know.

> or will we have to rely on commercial
> validators?

Two of the currently available validators are free.

See first the existing list at http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema.html