Re: A little courtesy, please

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:
[...]
> Sorry Dan, but vague claims of a priori axioms that have never been spelled
> out in any substantial public document

oops... I assumed you were familiar with the relevant documents... you
pointed to them earlier...

http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/

esp
	Axioms of Web architecture: URIs (19 Dec 96)
	http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html

and the briefer, wider overview
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Architecture.html
and http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Principles.html

> that include technical detail are
> not an acceptable club with which to smack ideas of which you disapprove,
> at least in my opinion.

I'm just expressing my opinion by reference to principles to which
I adhere. If you consider it unacceptable for me to express
my opinion in the way I choose, I don't see how we can have
a open exchange of ideas.

> The Web has proven unpredictable, inconsistent, and full of 404 Not Found.
> I'd rather work with mess that with mysterious axioms.

I find the design of the web to be highly consistent.