When are two URIs equivalent?

Eric,

ok, you caught me - I meant to say "scheme".

Still: would somebody mind telling me when two URIs are the same?

Honestly, I _believe_ I know when two URIs are equivalent - but
that's not sufficiently formal to code it, and I haven't found a
spec to tell me.

There are several possible approaches, but it looks to me that
specifying this equivalence relation is a way out of here without
offending anyone. (no?)

Josef
--
Stack Overflow - We Help Increase Your Productivity With XHTML
Visit http://www.mozquito.org