Call the question!

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:47:30 -0400
To: xml-uri@w3.org
Is there anyone out there who is still undecided on the question of how
best to handle namespace names?

OF THOSE, is there anyone who feels that further discussion will help them
decide?

IF SO, those folks could help a lot by telling us what points we should
address in order to help them reach a conclusion.

IF NOT: Move to close debate. I think we've covered all the pros and cons
in painful detail at this point, and have gotten to the point where we
aren't likely to change any minds by discussing it further.

I've suggested  the plenary group hold another straw poll, since concern
was expressed about whether people understood what they were voting on. I
don't know if that will occur or not.

I'd suggest they hold a formal vote, but I don't think we've established
whether they have the authority to do so... or whether the outcome would
have any influence on the decision.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research