Re: the case of two bats

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 08:52:13 -0700
To: xml-uri@w3.org
Dan wrote:

>here's an example
>The namespace spec says that they have the same namespace
>name: "../2000/vocab#"
>That's broken, no?
>The only answer that I can see that's consistent with
>both the XPath implementations and Web Architecture is: "don't do that."

I agree pretty completely with Dan's line of argument and his conclusion.  I
don't agree with his technique of arguing on the basis of The Great Web
Architecture In The Sky, since there are obvious disagreements about what's
in TGWAITS.  But you don't have to believe in Dan's version of TGWAITS to
agree that his example illustrates obvious breakage in terms of common
engineering sense.

Damn, this discussion has gone on a long time.  Does anyone see any symptom
of minds meeting? -Tim