Re: A proposed solution

At 03:28 PM 6/9/00 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>In any case, every element and PI info item, as well as the document itself,
>has a "base URI" property.

That'd take care of most of my arguments regarding base URI contexts,
though I'd still two key questions:

1) What's the base URI of a defaulted attribute?
2) What to do when there's no base URI?

Answer those two, and I think we can trust applications to do their own
absolutization, leaving parsers with a safe but unchanged literal approach.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com