Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

At 12:42 AM 6/3/00 -0400, John Cowan wrote:

>So I am conflating, for namespace purposes, the entity body with the
>name property.  That may produce more useful results *in this case*
>than conflating the namespace's name with its URI.

FWIW, I strongly disagree.

I think such conflation would lead, at best, to the collapse of any useful
purpose for the data: URI scheme.  And at worst (depending on the precise
definition of the conflation used), a collapse of the whole URI mechanism.

(Underlying assumption:  not allowed to define different interpretation of
URI properties in different circumstances.)

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)