Re: Common Sense! Was: Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

On Sun, 4 Jun 100, John Cowan wrote:
> I agree that the relationship is one-one (and even onto), but I deny
> that it amounts to identity.  Confounding the namespace with the document
> that describes it is a map-territory error.

Right on.   We are identifying a namespace resource!  We are
not identifying a hypertext resources which describes a
given namespace -- this is a seperate problem entirely.

It is unforunate that the current spec allows this;
I now agree that the xmlns attribval *should* be a URI,
(Tim has convinced me of this much)... However, I think
it should not be any old URI from any old scheme.  Fellas,
we need a URI scheme specifically for namespaces.
Let's deprechiate duck quacking.

Best,

Clark