Re: FW: Re: rsa/oaep

      Joseph:

      No, SHA-1 is the default MGF hash, not the only one.  In fact, I
don't even see a constraint that the MGF and regular hash functions need to
be the same size.  A suggestion that the two hash functions should be the
same is made with respect to the PSS signature technique.
      In any case, we won't be defaulting anything in code.  The only
defaults are in the naming convention.

            Tom Gindin

Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org> on 04/16/2002 01:56:26 PM

Please respond to reagle@w3.org