Re: Action Item - Part I: WSRX and MEP signaling on the wire (clarification)

Hi Mark,

Ultimately, it's the case that a PAOS-capable user-agent should be
aware of related security considerations -- a PAOS-capable user-agent
cannot rely on being protected by a firewall. In any case, this
security consideration is noted directly in the PAOS specification
(section 12 of [1]). In particular, PAOS-capable user-agent
implementations are recommended to authenticate the requester via TLS/
SSL with certificate verification, an option certainly available to
most existing user-agents. Such authentication may of course be
performed by an intermediary (which may or may not specifically care
about SOAP or PAOS) prior to dispatching the (SOAP) message to the
PAOS-capable user-agent.

Cheers,

- JohnK

[1] http://www.projectliberty.org/specs/liberty-paos-v1.1.pdf