Re: Rewrite of SOAP 1.2 Adjuncts

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Marc Hadley wrote:

>> properties from request-response MEP, removed need for SOAP envelopes on
>> request or response, added support for 202, updated binding for
>> request-response, and a few more things that I can't recall now.
>
> This looks interesting but I think its a bit confusing that section 7.5 still
> refers to the states and state transitions of the state machine that has been
> removed.

Even more fascinating is the fact that the states defined in the
request/response case are mandating the presence of a response (at least
in the Recommendation), so reading that 202 is allowed in the
request/response case is invalidated by the state machine.

Also in this rewrite, "HTTP status code dependent transitions" say that
202 correspond to "The request has completed succesfully." If this
information is known, then 200 should be used (with Content-Length: 0) 202
mean "information sent, no information about the processing of it.

I still value the state machine bits, especially if removing it change the
conformance of existing implementations.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C