Re: What it means to "get rid of MEPs"

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> David Hull writes:
>
> a) Choose a binding and read the specification for that binding  --
> implement what the binding says.  By the way, most bindings assert that
> they implement one or more MEPs, but that's not required.  The binding
> does what the binding does.  Maybe it does it in a way conformant to a
> SOAP MEP, maybe not.  Of course, if it says it implements an MEP it must
> do so properly.

Reading the SOAP Protocol Binding Framework again, I discovered that
bindings MUST implement one or more MEPs.

Third paragraph of 4.2 in part 1 says:
... A binding specification MUST enable one or more MEPs.

So it just seems that we made MEPs first class citizens of SOAP and that
it might be hard to get rid of them.

Regards,

Hervé.