RE: One-way messaging in SOAP 1.2

Hi Noah,

Personnally I think that your original proposal was about right - I think
its much more direct and less susceptible to subtle interpretation.

[Aside - I find subtle wording in specs. a little disturbing, and if present
should be signalled with big warning signs]

What I dislike about the suggested revision is that it hints at the choice
of MEP being the subject of a run-time negotiation amongst the participants
in a message exchange.

In more protracted exchange patterns (that might involve arbitrary numbers
of messages being sent and received) there is presumably some sense of an
active participant that starts the exchange and passive particpant(s) that
are in some sense reactive. Sender and receiver then get a bit blurry. The
important thing is that all participants in the exchange come to know what
pattern is in operation and that needs to be established around the
initiation of the exchange. Clearly, the initiator knows what pattern it's
trying to use and other the participants need to know inorder to correctly
handle the initial message.

I don't think that the focus on message recipient is wrong. Generally, its
the receiver of a message that has to be able to figure out what's going
on... this may be on a message by message basis or it might be on a per
message exchange basis (established during the initiaton of the exchange).

Any just my 2p's worth.

Stuart