RE: Who Faulted (was RE: Proposed rewrite of Part 1, section 2 (l ong) )

Hi Jacek,

Hmmm.... well if is worth doing at all I actually think its part of the
fault. If fault detail gives us enough extensibility to do this kind of
thing I'd do it there and perhaps try to encourage some kind of convention.

Hadn't even thought of headers with faults... and it does kind of raise the
question of where would those come from? Do they get sort of cloned from the
message that faulted? Does the spec. that describes a SOAP extension or the
semantics of the body  describe what headers (if any) with faults that it
generates?  Hmmmm.... I really need to reaquaint myself with the what the
spec. says about the structure of fault messages.

So... I'd be 'satisfied' if you can essentially include the informations in
fault detail already, which I think you alluded to earlier as a possibility.
I'd be even more satisfied if some 'convention' evolved such that in
circumstances where it were deemed to be a useful piece of information to
include in fault, it were included in a fault in a consistent fashion.

Do we have to write such a convention into SOAP 1.2? I don't think so...

Stuart