Re: One-way messaging in SOAP 1.2

Yves Lafon wrote:

<snip/>
>>NB, separate issue for editors: there seems to be an error here
>>and elsewhere in the part2 spec, the single-request-response
>>tmep URI shouldn't belong to the domain www.example.com, but rather
>>to the w3c.org domain, no? Isn't the HTTP binding intended to be
>>normative?
>>

> The fact that a URI of an example is in the example.com domain or w3c.org
> domain don't change the normative/non-normative of the section, the
> constraint being that all URI in w3.org should be deferencable.

I don't think that we can define normative URIs belonging
to the www.example.com domain as that domain is reserved
for use in specifications and as such is unmanaged. If we're
describing a normative HTTP binding, that defines URIs that
are to be used to identify a resource such as a definition
for a MEP, then the domain of that URI needs to be one that
the W3C manages.

I don't think that the URIs we're defining for the definition
of the single-request-response MEP is meant as an example,
I believe that it is meant as a normative definition that can
be referenced by other/future binding specifications.